Friday, September 9, 2011

The Syzygium Malaccense

I'm in Ho Chi Minh City on assignment for WSJ and will be traveling to Singapore and India for them. It's my last assignment in Asia, now that I've given up my position in Hong Kong, and I'm excited to be able to wrap up my tenure at this fine publication with a multimedia project on food inflation.

The switch from working full-time in an office to being a freelancer has been bizarre, but certainly pleasant. You go from being an integrated member of a corporate ecosystem to being a self-sufficient worker bee. I guess, the nicest thing is you get to be in charge of your own time. While that means you might work at odd hours, it also means you get to take random breaks to do random things, like plucking rose apples from a tree outside your auntie's house:

No comments: