Monday, May 26, 2008

We graduated....














Two fellow graduates (no, this is not me).


Ten intense months of working, working, smoking, working and drinking went by in a whirlwind. Lee Bollinger, Columbia University's president, waved his magic wand and made us 231 blue dots in a sea of blue dots graduates.



Now people are slowly dispersing into all directions (well, some are still drinking): a friend is off to Kenya for a year to report , five are heading to India, my soon-to-be flatmate is in Syria for a month and another one is going to be interning in Mexico City with the AP.

And though tomorrow is my first official day with the Wall Street Journal, I hope to follow my peers' examples and head to Sichuan soon to do some video reporting with some of their reporters for a fellowship. More to follow on that here.

2 comments:

La Vache Espagnole said...

Congratulations, Lami!

Come to China!

Miss you,
Maria

Dissatisfied Democrat said...

If you are coming down through the narrows of the river Kiang,
Please let me know beforehand,
And I will come out to meet you
As far as Cho-fo-Sa.